Labels

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Recipe - Pan Fry Greasy Grouper Fillet

The greasy grouper is a lean fish with mild flavour. Fish is a rich source of proteins, vitamins and minerals to nourish the body.  Fish is also a versatile ingredient. A variety of condiments, spices and seasoning can be used to give the fish different tastes, different flavours and add goodness to the meal.


I bought the frozen greasy grouper fillets for this recipe. The good thing is that the fish fillet has no odour. That means I do not have to do anything to get rid of the odour or to mask the flavour. Another good thing is that the fillet is boneless. That is a big plus when it comes to cooking and eating fish.


greasy grouper
In this recipe, I season the fillet lightly with light soy instead of salt for flavour. I mean the light soy is saltish but it adds a soya bean flavour. I add a dash of pepper powder and that's it.


There are many other ways to flavour the fish. To remind myself, I will add that the Thai chilli sauce is pretty good. So is the sweet and sour sauce. When I next cook the fish recipe with other sauces, I will post.


How to go about it:
Defrost the 5 fish fillet. Sprinkle light soy instead of salt. Add a dash of pepper. Let the fillet sit for 15 minutes in the fridge.


Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Pan fry the fillets for about 2 minutes on each side on medium heat.
Serve with a wedge of lemon and coriander leaves.


Another way to cook the fillets is to grill them. This 5 minute shows how.







No comments:

Post a Comment