There are many health benefits to laughter. Research has shown that laughter helps to boost the immune system, reduce cravings for food and relieve stress. There are even doctors who claim that laughter helps people recover more quickly from illnesses.
Scientifically speaking laughter helps the body in the following ways:
- laughter helps to reduce the release of stress hormones like adrenaline.
- laughter exercises the diaphragm, the chest and abdominal muscles and give us a good body workout and it actually benefits the heart and our blood circulation.
- laughter helps us to release our physical and emotional energy. It is like going to a quiet place and shout on top of your voice (without disturbing others) .You feel so much relief after a good bout of laughter.
- laughter relaxes the mind and distract us from the focus, stresss, anxiety or anger we may be facing.
- laughter helps to give us a lighter perspective of things and we learn to let go and not take things so seriously.
- laughter helps us to connect with others socially. If you know how to tell jokes, it really helps you to socialize and connect with other people.